Preceptorship Program 2018-2019
PRECEPTORHIP PROGRAM: Community Outreach Program – Dynamic Integrated Education in Oral Health Community Empowerment Program.
*Click image to enlarge
This program provides opportunities for students to develop their self as much as possible by giving exposure to the community. There are 6 stages of programs: 1) collecting epidemiologycal data, 2) cause-effect analysis to create empowerment programs, 3) advocacy to stake holder to support the program, 4) implementation of integrated program involving stake holders and community concerned, 5) program evaluation to get a feedback, and, 6) planning new innovative programs based on program evaluation.
Field of Study
Dental health care management, epidemiology, biostatistic, research method, control and prevention of oral and dental diseases, planning and evaluation for oral health, and social and behavioural sciences as applied to dentistry.
- Creating student long-life learning on community empowerment in real community setting.
- Obtaining epidemiological data from the community to design innovative empowerment programs and publications.
- Empowering stake holders with an integrated approach.
The program will run two times each calendar year. First session from June to August, and Second Session from December to February. The exact date is negotiable.
Length of Program
It is 6-weeks full-time program, equivalent to 48 hours or 3 credits.
Status of Preceptors
Undergraduate students majoring in Dentistry or Dental Hygienist from Universitas Airlangga and Foreign University.
Subspecialty Areas Offered for Preceptorship
- Observing and analyzing primary and secondary findings (health data), both independently and jointly with stakeholders
- Data processing to become a logical, systematic and verification description so that an epidemiology-based program can be produced.
- Designing, conduct, learn advocacy and negotiate, and evaluate community empowerment programs, both individually and in groups, organized in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
FURTHER INFORMATIONS, PLEASE CLICK LINK DOWNLOAD HERE
- Education program for dentist in Saka Bakti Husada
- Counseling for Surabaya transgender community (Perwakos)
- Counseling for cancer patients with chemotherapy and radiotherapy therapy in Yayasan Kanker Indonesia
- Counseling for drug addicts community in the orbital foundation
- Counseling at Desa Pramuka Malang
- Talk show in the event “Batik embroidery and accessories Fair 2017”
- Educational series programs in primary school
- Dentistry charity: social service, treatment and education
- FKG UNAIR care
- Social service for cleft palate and cleft lips operation
- National Dental Health with PT Unilever
- Community service and counseling for Yayasan Pendidikan Anak Cacat
- Community service and counseling for Yayasan Kesehatan Anak Indonesia
- Community Service and counseling for Parent Association of Children with Down Syndrome
- Community service and counseling in the “Walk for Autism” charity program
- Community service and counseling for TK Ceria
- Weekly broadcast on sonora surabaya radio about prosthodontics.
- Counseling for babies with cleft lip & cleft palate
- Social service: Denture making in less fortunate society
Continuing Education Program:
- CPD: Systemic diseases caused by oral infection: holistic dentistry
- CPD: Holistic dentistry in dental practice for dentist professionalism
- National scientific meeting
- Joint scientific meeting in dentistry
- Refreshing course in dentistry “update knowledge in dentistry”
- The role of dentist in disaster victim identification
- Periodontic seminar
- Indonesian prosthodontic scientific meeting
- Prosthodontic continuing education
- Monthly scientific meeting