Evacuation of Buildings
Motion picture above is a web-based video that will comprehensively instruct students, faculty, and staff in the proper procedures for safely evacuating our large classroom buildings in case of emergency.
In the meantime, much of what any student or faculty/staff member would need to know is in the current edition of the Faculty’s Fire Safety Instructions, which follow here. Please read this material carefully, and refresh yourself in its instructions each semester.
FIRE/SMOKE OR IMMEDIATE EMERGENCY CONDITIONS
All faculty, staff, and students are to follow three primary safety principles during any emergency:
- Follow the instructions of Public Safety and Fire or Police Department personnel;
- DO NOT PANIC;
- DO NOT USE ELEVATORS.
If an emergency condition arises and no Public Safety or Fire/Police Department personnel are on hand, here is what to do:
Sounding the Alert
- Pull nearest fire alarm. Pull boxes usually are located adjacent to fire exit stairs or elevator bank. Pull boxes are bright red.
- Call for emergency assistance: 112 and give the following information: conditions (fire, smoke, etc.); location (building address, floor, and area on floor); your name and location in relation to the emergency location.
- Call Emergency Number :
Piket I – (031) – 3533844
Piket II – (031) – 3534738
UPTD II Kenjeran 120 (031) – 3712208
UPTD III Jl. Brebek Industri III (031) – 8411113
UPTD IV Jl. Raya Menganti Wiyung (031) – 7523687
UPTD V Jl. Margomulyo Blok 1 / I (031) – 7590486
Pos Pegirian Jl. Pegirian No. 240 (031) -3736945
Pos Menur Jl. Menur No. 31 (031) – 5915987
Pos Bulak Jl. Kyai Tambak Deres No. 252 (031) – 51503072
Pos Pakal Jl. Raya Pakal No. 24 (031) – 7408134
- Unless your safety is in jeopardy, please remain at the location to direct Public Safety Personnel, Floor Warden(s), Searchers or Fire/Police Department, whichever arrives first.
- Close all doors on the floor — use the fire extinguisher to extinguish a fire only if it is small.
- Never permit flames or heavy smoke to come between you and the exit.
- Start evacuating the affected area, using the Fire Exit stairwells only.
- Every classroom and most corridors have a map showing the nearest Fire Exit.
- In buildings such as the Dental Hospital (RSGM), with a large open vertical space in the center, it is important to use the fire protected emergency stairwells only , to which the appointed Fire Exits lead. DO NOT USE THE CENTRAL STAIRWELLS IN THE OPEN AREA OF THE BUILDING.
- NEVER USE THE ELEVATORS UNLESS DIRECTED BY FIRE DEPARTMENT
- Remain calm and proceed with orderly evacuation
- Do not return to fire/smoke floor until instructed to do so.
Special Instructions for Faculty/Staff
Faculty members in class should make themselves aware, each semester, where the nearest Fire Exit is located for each classroom in which they hold a class. If a fire or smoke or other imminent emergency condition exists while a faculty member is conducting class, the faculty member should direct the students to the nearest Fire Exit, assuring that all students have evacuated before following. In fire/smoke conditions, it is the responsibility of all faculty and staff members to assist Fire Wardens in the evacuation of students by directing them to the nearest Fire Exit.