The history of the University of Airlangga originated from the forerunners of Nederlands Indische Artsen School (NIAS) and School Tot Opleiding van Indische Tandartsen (STOVIT), each established by the Dutch East Indies government in 1913 and 1928.
In the early of its establishment in 1928, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Universitas Airlangga, was known as School Tot Opleiding van Indische Tandartsen until 1942. Its Indonesian name, “Fakultas Kedokteran Gigi” was used in 1954 after having a couple of name changes like Ika Daigaku Shika which was used until 1945, Tandheelkundig Instituut which was used until 1947, Universiteir Tandheelkundig Instituut until 1948, and Lembaga Ilmu Kedokteran Gigi until 1953. Faculty of Dental Medicine contributes to the country in the education, research, and community service sectors
After years passing by, now Faculty of Dental Medicine Universitas Airlangga, which are consist of:
- 15 Professors
- 155 Lecturers
- 532 Students in Bachelor program in dental surgery
- 417 Students of Professional program in dentistry
- 144 Academical Officers
- 5096 Alumni, which are spreading globally and nationally
We are ready to surpass the limit in order to create better health in Indonesia, but also Globally.