Study Program : Pediatric Dentistry
Accreditation Status : Accreditation by Collegium of PaediatricDentistry
No. 25/KKGAI/V/2017 (Extension)
Type of Learning : Full-time Learning
Title Name : Pediatric Dentist (Sp.KGA)
Learning Achievement : Special Skill
- Able to communicate effectively with patients and all stakeholders (patient family, dental technician,medical colleague, and society) who involved in childrenoral treatmentand special needs usingverbal and audio-visual methods toachievea successful
- Able to perform dental health services in children responsibly with high integrity according to the competencythat obtained based on a fundamental understanding of science and application ofvalid dental ethic and legal.
- Able to diagnose, prognose, and determine the definitive care of the children dental health problem by utilizing the latest technology.
- Able to think critically, analytically, and continuously develop their knowledgein research and able to communicate it scientifically in national and international scale
- Special Skill
- Professionalism:To performpediatric dentistry in professional manner in accordance with relevant expertise, responsibility, communicative, ethic and legal.
- General examination and stomatognathic system: To examine and recordall about clinical, laboratory, psychological and social cultural informationsin medical record for evaluating medical condition and growth of pediatric patients.
- Rehabilitation of stomatognathic system:To diagnose based on the examination and to determine special treatment planconsidering on patient’s condition andimportance.
- Practical management: To apply management functions of pediatic dentistry practicalin hospitals and private practice.
- Sharing knowledge: Critical thinking, active communicating to develop and update knowledge on national and international scale of lectures, discussions, as well as scientific papers by utilizing information technology.
- Understand basic medical science and clinics, basic dentistry and clinics as a foundation of professionalism and development in
- Integrateprinciple of clinical dentistry and advanced technology to support pediatric dentistry skill and research.
- Associate relevant biomedical sciences for the evaluation analysis of treatment result and refers to other specific fields as indicated.
Learning achievement of domain Attitude (S) and General Skills (KU) can be seen in attachment of Permenristekdikti no. 44 of 2015.
Periodic of study and total credits : 5 semesters, 52 credits
Requirements for new students : Information of new student admission can be accessed at http://ppmb.unair.ac.id/web/
Academic start date : odd semester
Curriculum Structure : The total study load of pediatric dentistryprogram graduates is 52 credits.
The amount of study load in the presentation on competence
Amount of major study subject load: 27 credits (51.9%)
Total study load of supporting subjects: 19 credits (36.6%)
Number of special course loads: 6 credits (11.5%)
Total academic study load of learning professions
Total academic study load: 34 credits
Total study load of the profession: 18 credits
Total study load on learning activities
Total study load: 28 credits
Total tutorial study load: 6 credits
Total work load of practicum study: 18 credits
Learning Strategy : Lectures, tutorials, guest lectures, journalsreading, small group discussions, skill lab, study practices, examination and case management, check-list of case management competencies.
Cognitive : Theory assignment and the ability to analyze problems using essay, MCQ, SOCA and paper assessment groups
Psychomotor : Check-list of competency and OSCE
Soft Skill : Assessment of attitude by psychometric method
Standard Costs : SP3 Rp. 25.000.000,-/ student; SOP Rp. 15.000.000,-/ student
Legalized / revision program’s date: June, 5th 2017